Monday

A Christmas gift box in September?


Christmas-gift-box-for-Maya-Road-by-Yvonne-Yam

Yep, apparently so. I'm starting on my Christmas projects early this year...(yay, go me!).



I started with a really nice tea box from TWG (all my decorated boxes come from recycled packaging). Since the brand was only on the top lid and back spine, I went with a strip of patterned paper that covered just those areas. And added a strip of pearl trim for a decorative edge.



I went with one big decorative cluster along the bottom right of the box, right down to where the lid of the box opens for a waterfall effect and it does help guide the eye to where the opening of the box is.


Now to find things that would fit into this box. What? I'm supposed to do the Christmas shopping before doing up the gift boxes? *winks* 

Happy week ahead friends!

P/s: For a complete listing of the products I've used on my project, please head over to the Maya Road blog.


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I love love love love this!!!!!!!!!!! LOVING those pearls and the flowers!!!!!! And it is NEVER too early for Christmas!!!!!!! :)

Shelly said...

This is beautiful!! Love it!

Cindy deRosier said...

Beautiful! And I love that you're preparing the gift wrap for items you haven't bought yet. A true crafter!

Lisa said...

So gorgeous!! I love the beautiful flowers and the paper you used!! Stunning, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Audrey Pettit said...

Good for you for getting a jump start on Christmas! Love, love your up cycled gift boxes! I spy me some Mad4Plaid, which I just love! And gorgeous floral cluster. Really love the elegance of the pearl trim, too!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It