Thursday

A mixed media girl on canvas


A-mixed-media-girl-on-canvas

It started out in the typical fashion. Some wrapping tissue + remnant lace on a canvas with a coat of gesso. Then some mists and inks.


I was all ready with my hot glue gun and embellishments when I decided to paint a face instead. Well, a girl can change her mind, right? *LOL*


It was rather hard to draw and paint over such a textured surface. But I went in with guns blazing...I mean art supplies spread all over my desk...*winks*


I think my mixed media girl on canvas turned out okay. What do you think?

Share/Bookmark

Pin It

7 comments:

Lizzyc said...

I think she looks wonderful.. I love her eyes, they are very mesmerizing!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh I think this turned out amazing! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee it!!!!!!!!!

Lisa said...

This may be my favorite yet!! She's so gorgeous!! I love the texture of the lace and tissue paper!! Good gosh, you are so talented!! Absolutely stunning!! I love, love, love it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Cindy deRosier said...

It's fantastic! The lace makes it so unusual and unique.

Lynn said...

The lace makes her look mysterious and seductive. Painting over the texture must have been difficult but you did an excellent job. Thanks for sharing the beauty.

Lizzy Hill said...

TOTALLY clever. Being the lazy one I would've stuck [ hahahaaa!] with what I know...good on you for going outside that square :):)

Audrey Pettit said...

Okay? No, Girlfriend.... this turned out amazing!!! Wow, she is gorgeous! Love her purple hair and I want those eyebrows! There is so much soul in her eyes, too. And the texture is super cool! I can't even image how you managed to draw and paint over the bumps, but I am mad in love with it!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It