Thursday

The paper towel card...*winks*


The-paper-towel-card

So the other day, after a mixed media session, I found some lovely patterns on my paper towel and thought to myself, "Such a pity to throw it away...maybe I should try to use it on a card or something..." *winks*


I cut the paper towel to size and used dry adhesive on the card base before gluing the paper towel to the card. The paper towel is a little delicate so you have to be careful when handling it to prevent tearing.


Then I added my fave Maya Road embellishments with a hot glue gun.


The paper towel looks like lovely patterned paper, right?


What do you think?


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

8 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Absolutely LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE this!!! A few years ago, I was at a crop at a friends house, and Dina Wakely was there too -- and she did this on her scrap pages -- used the paper towels that she had used for something else and were inked up! I always thought it was GENIUS! So very cool my friend -- you are on trend! LOVING it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

omgosh, you are so creative! I think this is a genius idea! So different and adds a really cool texture to the card base. Loving all those misted spots. And then of course you finished this perfectly with all your fun touches! Awesome!

Shelly said...

Oh, this is amazing!! LOVE your use of the paper towel...beautiful!

~amy~ said...

Such perfect upcycling!!!

Cindy deRosier said...

Love it! We've put colorful paper towels directly on our fridge or art wall as decoration, but never made a card from them. Good idea!

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness, this is amazing!! Not only are the colors on the paper towel amazing, but the texture is fabulous!! I love, love this my friend!! You are so creative!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lizzy Hill said...

I saw your FB post about how you might....but you DID!!! And it looks brilliant! I just threw out some with gold splats on it...just as well you're not here or I thinketh you'd be going through my bin!!!!!

Mitralee said...

genus!!! That is what I think! Hugs!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It